Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Honey Wheat French Bread




This is another tweak to Michelle's French Bread Recipe.
My first tweak is here. I don't actually use agave or sugar anymore so I wanted to post my honey version.

Dissolve and stir:
2 pkg. yeast
3 cups warm water
1/3 cup raw honey

1 tbsp salt
1/4 cup oil
2 cups whole wheat flour

5-6 cups unbleached white flour

Knead for 10-15 minutes. Cover and let rise in greased bowl until double (about 1 hour). Punch down and divide in two. Shape in rectangle and roll up tapering ends. Place on a greased cookie sheet. Gash diagonally with a sharp knife. Let rise for about 30 minutes. Mix 1 egg white and 1 tbsp water until foamy. Brush over loaves. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. 
With my current oven I have to bake 25-30 minutes if both loaves are in the oven. Also, I rotate the loaves halfway through baking.

No comments:

Honey Wheat French Bread

This is another tweak to Michelle's French Bread Recipe. My first tweak is  here. I don't actually use agave or sugar anymor...