Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Belle's Roll Recipe


Here is another family recipe from my Mother-in-law which came from her Mother. I've made these rolls so many times I can't even count. This is a perfect fail-proof recipe with a great flavor. However no matter how many times I've tried they have never been as perfect as my Mother-in-laws. It must be her extra amount of love that goes into her mixture or maybe it's her special technique. Either way, I can only aspire to her level of light and airy rolls.

1/2 Cup Mashed Potatoes
1/2 Softened Butter
1/3 Cup Sugar
Mix together well and add:
1 Cup Canned Milk
1 Cup Warm Water
2 Eggs
Dissolve 1 package yeast in 1/2 cup lukewarm water with 1 teaspoon sugar.
Add to the above mixture, then add:
2 Cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
(Sift all these ingredients together)

Beat thoroughly. Gradually add enough flour to make a dough, about 4 to 5 cups. Knead for 2 minutes. Place in greased container and grease top of dough. Let rise once, shape and put in greased pans or pans with parchment paper.

Dough may be stored in refrigerator for 4-5 days before using if placed in a pan twice it's size, and covered tightly. Shape and place in pans about 2 hours before baking.


No comments:

Honey Wheat French Bread

This is another tweak to Michelle's French Bread Recipe. My first tweak is  here. I don't actually use agave or sugar anymor...