Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Easy guilt-free Holiday Cookies



These sugar free cookies are amazing!!!
The dough is tender and flaky and the sweet jelly filling is perfect. Don’t let the short ingredient list throw you; they taste out of this world.

4 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 cup flour, plus additional for rolling
1/4 teaspoon salt
sugar free Preserves (any flavor)

Blend the cream cheese and butter. Add flour and salt then blend until flour is completely incorporated. Gather dough into a smooth ball, cover with plastic wrap and chill 1-2 hours.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Roll dough into 1 tablespoon size balls and place on cookie sheet. Use back of a teaspoon to make a dent on top of cookie for the preserves. Drop about a teaspoon of preserves on to cookie.
Bake each batch for 10-12 minutes, until bottoms are barely golden brown.
Transfer to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining dough.

** I have made these cookies on several occasions using different preserve flavors. Blueberry, apricot, blackberry, and raspberry are some of our families favorites. I usually make two different flavors each time I make a batch and I almost always double the recipe so I have some to eat and some to give away. :)

Makes about 30 cookies.
Per cookie - calories 35 , fat 3g, carbs 2g

2 comments:

peanutbutterandpeppers.com said...

Nice cookie! Would fat free cream cheese work? Thats all I have at home. Thanks!

The Lingo Family said...

I have only baked these cookies using regular cream cheese, but I imagine that fat free would work just as well.