Friday, December 30, 2011

Butternut Squash and Black Bean Salad


Ingredients:

1 small butternut squash, cubed and roasted
1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
fresh cilantro

3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon maple syrup (I use sugar free)

Peel and cube squash. Roast in the oven on 325 degrees for about 20 minutes. Let cool. Whisk together vinegar, mustard, olive oil, and maple syrup. Set aside. When squash is cooled, toss with rinsed black beans and a hand full of chopped cilantro. Pour dressing over top and stir well. Best if chilled before eating.

2 comments:

Claire said...

This looks amazing-I'm your newest follower-stop by for a visit!

Amy @ http://hobbygatherer.blogspot.com/ said...

guess what? Last night I just make enchiladas and in them I put black beans and butternut squash.

Honey Wheat French Bread

This is another tweak to Michelle's French Bread Recipe. My first tweak is  here. I don't actually use agave or sugar anymor...