Monday, December 5, 2011
90 calorie Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Icing
I am always looking for a way to make yummy cinnamon rolls with fewer calories and less than 5 grams of sugar each. I found a recipe on pinterest and changed it a bit to make it lower in sugar and still taste like a delicious breakfast treat. These sweet swirls of cinnamon have less than 90 calories, and have less than 3 grams of sugar each!
1 package crescent roll
1/2 cup pumpkin (not the pie filling with added sugar)
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup sweetener of choice (I used baking Splenda)
pinch of salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup raisins (optional)
1/4 cup (2 oz) cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar substitute of choice
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tbsp sugar free maple syrup (regular maple syrup is fine)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spread the dough out on cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Gently close seams of crescent rolls as best as possible.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the pumpkin, sweetener, raisins, and seasonings until well combined. Using a spatula, spread pumpkin mixture evenly over the dough. Starting at the long end of the dough, start rolling until dough is rolled into a long skinny log. Cut 10 even rolls.
4. Arrange the rolls swirl-side-up cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
5. Meanwhile, to make the frosting, place the cream cheese in a small bowl, and microwave for 15-20 seconds, or until just melted. Add the sweetener pumpkin spice, and syrup. Stir until well combined. When the cinnamon rolls come out of the oven, spoon the icing evenly over each cinnamon roll while they are still warm.
This is another tweak to Michelle's French Bread Recipe. My first tweak is here. I don't actually use agave or sugar anymor...
Many of you Californians may have had the privilege of eating at El Pollo Loco. There chicken is straight grubbin'! Food wise it is an a...
Kevin grew up on these yummy guys. I don't make them often, but when I do they are always devoured. I'm posting my Mother-in-laws ...
also known as German Pancakes. This is a super easy and very yummy breakfast recipe. It's a family favorite that we have on special o...