Friday, April 29, 2011

Blender Wheat Pancakes

This recipe came from one of my favorite food storage blogs. Food Storage Made Easy has a great selection of tips, recipes, general information including great links to discounted favorite products. (Kevin bought my electric presser cooker through their link.) Can I tell you how helpful they have been in helping me understand, plan and rotate proper food storage? Seriously, These girls rock! If you haven't already, please check out their site. You will be glad you did.




Blender Wheat Pancakes from Food Storage Made Easy

1 Cup Milk (translation for powdered milk is 3T milk and 1 C. water)
1 Cup Wheat Kernels, whole & uncooked
2 Eggs (2T. powdered eggs 1/4 C. Water)
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 1/2 tsp Salt
2 Tbs. Oil
2 Tbs. Honey or Sugar (I use honey.)

Put milk and wheat kernels in blender. Blend on highest speed for 4 or 5 minutes or until batter is smooth. Add eggs, oil, baking powder, salt and honey to above batter. Blend on low and you are all set for making your pancakes.

Amy's Cinnamon Syrup

2 cups sugar
3/4 cup water
1 cube butter
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Cook on low, stirring occasionally, bring to a boil and remove from heat.

note: I usually set up a sliced fruit buffet (bananas, strawberries, peaches and blueberries) so the kids can create silly faces on their pancakes. Our favorite pancake garnish is frozen blueberries slightly thawed.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Those look really yummy and healthy. Thanks for sharing the food storage site too. I really need to learn how to do food storage better. Especially how to use it. This is something I have finally been working on for our family this year.

Honey Wheat French Bread

This is another tweak to Michelle's French Bread Recipe. My first tweak is  here. I don't actually use agave or sugar anymor...