Saturday, November 20, 2010

Triple-Layer Cookie Bars

I got this recipe from the Taste of Home baking book. They are easy and so good. I don't have a picture because I am new to the blog and the bars were gone before I found out about the blog.

1 1/4 cups flour
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cold butter
2 eggs

Topping:
1 package flaked coconut
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

Combine the first six ingredients (the dry ingredients). Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Add eggs; mix well. Spread into a greased 9x13 baking pan. (It took me awhile to get it spread out fairly evenly in the pan since it's kind of sticky.) Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Sprinkle coconut over crust; drizzle with milk. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until lightly browned. In a heavy sauce pan or microwave, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Spread over top. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.

The hardest for me was to wait for it to cool. I love this recipe since I don't have to take the time to put individual cookies on a cookie sheet. So much less labor intensive, which is my favorite.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thank you for posting these. They sound so good I think I'll make them tonight for the crew.

Honey Wheat French Bread

This is another tweak to Michelle's French Bread Recipe. My first tweak is  here. I don't actually use agave or sugar anymor...