Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pumpkin Bar

I don't remember where I found this recipe. It was on one of the food blogs I occasionally read. I thought this sounded pretty good and thought I'd give it a try.

(Scroll down for an even yummer photo from Amanda.)

1 1/3 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar, divided
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 cubes) cold butter
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
3 eggs
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 13 x 9 inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; grease foil. Mix flour, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar in medium bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in oats and nuts. (I put my oat into the food processor with everything else. It still tastes great, just less pretty on top.)

Reserve 1 cup oat mixture; press remaining onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes. Beat cream cheese, remaining sugar, pumpkin and spice with mixer until well blended. Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.

Bake 25 minutes; cool 10 minutes. Use foil to transfer dessert from pan to wire rack; cool completely.


Amanda's photo:

2 comments:

Amanda said...

are you serious!? I MADE THESE on SUNDAY... and was just getting on to post these! that's funny!

Amy said...

Panda, post your photo. I bet it's better than mine.