Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fast and Easy Mini Apple Pie




This is just an improvised recipe, so I don't really have exact measurements, bare with me here. ;)

1 can of Pillsbury Grands biscuits
1 apple of your choice (2 if you like to fill these with a lot of apple. How much you put in is up to you
Cinnamon sugar mixture (I just always have this on hand as a mixture in a shaker.)
Additional Cinnamon Spice blend, other spices of your choice, nuts, raisins, etc (all optional and up to you)

Preheat oven to 350. Flatten out two biscuits at a time, getting them to spread out and be the same size. One will go on top of the other. Peel and chop up the apple. Put some of the apple in the center of one of the flattened biscuits, leaving about 1/4-1/2 inch of an edge. I wish I had a measurement of how much apple. I just eyeballed it. I made a nice pile of apple. Remember these have 2 layers of biscuits that get a little thick as they cook, so you want to be a little generous w/ the apple in there so you can actually taste it. lol

Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar and add anything else you'd like (raisins, nuts, or just nutmeg, or other spices you like for apple pies.) I add a few shakes of Sweet Caramel Sprinkle (a Pampered Chef product) to it, because it adds a nice subtle flavor to it.

Put the second flattened biscuit on top. Match up the edges, pinch closed and seal with your fingers. I sprinkle a little bit more of the Sweet Caramel sprinkle on top, but if you don't have that you can just add more of the cinnamon sugar. I don't add any butter to this since the biscuits usually already have a lot of shortening in there, but if you want to brush just a little on so the cinnamon sugar sticks more, that's up to you.

Repeat with remaining biscuits.

Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.

No comments:

Honey Wheat French Bread

This is another tweak to Michelle's French Bread Recipe. My first tweak is  here. I don't actually use agave or sugar anymor...