Friday, September 17, 2010

Mountain Pumpkin Pancakes

This morning my kids wanted their favorite breakfast. Being the cool Mom that I am, I agreed. Then I came up with the great idea to throw in some pumpkin. Yeah we finally found some at the store yesterday. I bought 12 cans! I asked the kids if they wanted pumpkin in their pancakes and they both yelled, "Yeah!"

It's not much different then our regular favorite, but this is what I came up with.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. While the oven is warming up place a stick of butter in a 9 x 13 dish and place in oven. Then put ingredients below in your kitchen aid and mix until bubbly. A few minutes should do the trick.

6 eggs
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup whole wheat flour
dash of salt
1 cup milk

When the oven is ready and the butter is melted; pour the pumpkin mixture into the dish. Bake for 20 minutes. Cut into serving sizes and serve with syrup. Enoch loved these so much he wanted more and more. In fact he almost missed the bus to school because he wanted to finish every last bite. Ada loved it so much she wouldn't even leave the table to say goodbye to Enoch and the Bus. (THAT my friends, is saying something!) Dang it's a good thing the bus picks Enoch up at the end of our drive. We would have been in big trouble.

Lesson Learned: Plan for more eating time when you make this new favorite. It was like eating dessert for breakfast.

*UPDATE on 9/30/10 -I made these again this morning, but altered the recipe a little
changes:

1/2 cup brown sugar
9 eggs
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin pumpkin

everything else is the same
It didn't "mountain up" as much as the other recipe. Also, it had more of a softer almost pumpkin pie-ish texture.

The kids LOVED IT!

No comments: