Friday, September 10, 2010

Asian Lettuce Cups

So I made these last night, and to save time I just bought the pre-cooked chicken that you get at grocery stores and chopped it up, and it was AMAZING! I thought that it was sooo good and super healthy! Now I didn't make the dipping sauce cause I didn't think that it needed it but I listed it below just in case you would like it.



1 1/2 teaspoons ginger
1 1/4 pounds ground turkey *( or leftover chicken)
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions ( I like green onions, so I tend to use a cup)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 1/2 Tablepoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon sesame seed oil
1 teaspoon of chili powder
1 head butter or romaine lettuce

1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add ginger and turkey to pan; cook 7 minutes or until turkey is done, stirring frequently. Drain turkey mixture; place in a large bowl. Add green onions and next 6 ingredients; toss well. Spoon 1/3 cup turkey mixture into each cabbage leaf.

*Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add all ingredients and cook about 5-7 mins. just to re-heat. Mix well. Spoon 1/3 cup turkey mixture into each lettuce leaf.

Dipping/Drizzling Sauce
6 T soy sauce
2 T rice wine vinegar
1/2 tsp minced ginger
1 tsp honey
sliced green onions for garnish

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh wow these look good. Did you use the full about of ginger? Could you taste a lot of ginger? I'm just wondering if I should use the full about or not. Thanks for posting this one. I've always wanted to try this.

Jason and Tammy said...

I probably used slightly less then the full amount, but I couldn't taste a lot of ginger. My sister put different ingredients in her recipe that on her blog, Single Mom's bites on a Budget; I didn't have all of the ingredients that she lists so i just changed it to what I had and I still really like it!

Honey Wheat French Bread

This is another tweak to Michelle's French Bread Recipe. My first tweak is  here. I don't actually use agave or sugar anymor...