Saturday, August 7, 2010

Rocky Mountain Pancakes with Maple Syrup



also known as German Pancakes.

This is a super easy and very yummy breakfast recipe. It's a family favorite that we have on special occasions like Birthdays or sleep overs.

1 cup flour
1 tsp sugar
pinch of salt
6 eggs
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cube butter (I use less)

Set oven to 400 degrees. Place butter in 9x13 pan and place in oven while it's pre-heating. While the butter is melting place all other ingredients in your mixer and mix until all ingredients are fully mixed and little bubbles start to form on the top when you stop the mixer (about 3-4 minutes).

When oven temp is ready and butter is melted pour mixture into the 9 x 13 dish and bake for 20 minutes. Super cool peaks will have formed and if your lucky everyone will fight over their favorite piece {giggle}. Serve with maple syrup and/or powdered sugar

note: It also tastes great with Greek yogurt or honey.

Maple Syrup
2 cups sugar
1 cup water
1 tsp maple flavoring (or more if you like lots of flavor)

Cook water and sugar on stove top until sugar is melted. Remove from heat and add flavoring. Can be stored for weeks in an air tight container in your fridge. Reheat syrup on stove or microwave.


photos taken by Amanda

5 comments:

Amanda said...

this picture makes my mouth water!! yum!

Beach Hendersons said...

Are they very "eggy"? I've always wanted to try them, but I think I've been under the impression they will be too gooey/eggy.

I'm one of those people that doesn't eat the middle part of the french toast bc they are usually too eggy.

What are your thoughts?

Amy said...

If you don't like french toast you probably won't like these. Although, when I make my french toast I make sure they are really crispy and cooked through. I'm not a fan of soggy toast. My niece who is the pickiest eater in the world loves this recipe. Who knows maybe you will surprise yourself and fall in love with this recipe. Good luck :)

Anonymous said...

Amanda- I made these last night for dinner- so good- thanks for posting.
heather

The Lingo Family said...

Right now I am baking a splenda version batch to have with some sugar free syrup for breakfast. :)