Friday, July 9, 2010

Whole Wheat Blueberry Banana Muffins

Recently we had an opportunity to purchase bulk fresh blueberries. We ordered 60 pounds! We love blueberries and use them almost every day in smoothies, yogurt or cereal. Our plan was to prepackage 2 cup bags and freeze them. I honestly had no idea how much 60 pounds really meant. These berries are so good we are in heaven just popping them like candy.


You can never have too many blueberry recipes right? I can't even tell you how amazing the kitchen smelled as these babies were baking.

3 cups whole wheat flour1 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 oil
3 T applesauce (optional)
1 cup milk
1 ripe banana
2 cups blueberries

Mix together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add slightly beaten egg, oil, applesauce and milk. Then add a whole ripe banana and mix. This will break the banana up into small pieces, perfect size for your muffins. Stir in blueberries. Dough should be thick. Fill muffin cups half-full. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Let cool in pan for a few minutes then transfer to a cooling rack or the top of your baking pan.



"There were bells all around, but I never heard them ringing. No I never heard them at all, untill there was you." (A little music man love for you.) {giggle}



The muffins were so full of flavor.


Tomorrow is blueberry jam canning day. I'm so excited!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I am so jealous of your blueberries! When I lived near Seattle, I was able to pick them every year and stock my freezer. Never did my stockpile approach 60 pounds, though! Wow!

Your muffins look so yummy with all of those berries!

Honey Wheat French Bread

This is another tweak to Michelle's French Bread Recipe. My first tweak is  here. I don't actually use agave or sugar anymor...