Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Spaghetti Spinach Salad

Who hasn't heard of a taco salad? That was the inspiration for this delicious accident.

A few weeks back I wasn't in the mood for pasta. So I fed the family noodles with this sauce and I put my sauce over a bed of fresh Spinach. Holy Cow it was good.



Sauce Idea

1 large jar of your favorite store bought spaghetti sauce
1 yellow or orange bell pepper, diced
1-2 cups fresh spinach, diced plus more for salad
1 small onion diced
1 (8 oz) container sliced fresh mushrooms
1-2 T Italian seasoning
1 lbs ground turkey
1-2 garlic cloves, pressed or diced
your favorite blend of salad greens
mozzarella cheese for garnish

In large pan add turkey, bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms; saute. 5 minutes before the turkey is done add garlic and spinach. I'm sure there is a better way of cooking these items, but I'm a big fan of less dishes. That's why I throw it all in together. Once veggies are tender and turkey is cooked. Add to a sauce pan with the spaghetti sauce. Simmer. (I usually use this time to cook pasta noodles if I'm feeding the family.) Once sauce is warm and ready. Add a large ladle full of sauce mixture on top of a bed of salad greens; garnish with mozzarella cheese. Enjoy!

No comments: