Monday, April 26, 2010

Green Soup

Earlier today I was on the phone with my sister Amanda. She was telling me about her amazing new blender. I realized that Mom's new blender can make soups too. So for dinner I made green soup.



3 cups fat-free chicken broth
2 cups baby spinach
2 medium tomatoes
2 stalks celery
1/2 cup green onions, diced
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 small garlic clove
salt
pepper

Blend for 8 minutes. Makes about 5 servings. For each serving add 1/2 chicken breast chopped, shredded cheese. I think adding beans or lentils and diced avocado with the chicken would be super yummy. I'm going to try that tomorrow with left overs.

No comments:

Honey Wheat French Bread

This is another tweak to Michelle's French Bread Recipe. My first tweak is  here. I don't actually use agave or sugar anymor...