Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Asian Chopped Salad


Here is another salad inspired by The Biggest Loser 30 day jump-start that I made this past weekend. {photo coming soon}. I made this about 5 hours in advance and turned out awesome.

2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
1 cup grated carrot
1 red bell pepper, julienned into 1" strips
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro + additional for garnish
1/2 asian dressing (I use Ken's Steak House lite Asian Sesame with Ginger & Soy)

According to livestrong.com this recipe is only 87 calories per serving.

Mix ingredients well, serve.

note: This salad is so crisp with flavor. It's great as a side dish or can be the base of a full meal. Just add diced chicken and some cold bowtie pasta and you have yourself a dream of a salad.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

THIS WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD! I'm Deffinltly saving THIS recipe!

Honey Wheat French Bread

This is another tweak to Michelle's French Bread Recipe. My first tweak is  here. I don't actually use agave or sugar anymor...