Monday, September 28, 2009

Slow Cooker Funeral Potatoes

32 ounce bag of frozen hash browns (I try to thaw them out a little bit before cooking them, so they mix better)
1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
1 small onion chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 16 oz sour cream
1 can of cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Mix all of the above into the slow cooker. I like to spray the slow cooker before putting it in so it doesn't stick.

Then top with:
1 1/2 to 2 cups herb seasoning stuffing mix
4-5 tbsp melted butter or margarine to moisten the stuffing
It's usually done in about 4-5 hours on High. I mix it all up about half way through so that the stuffing part mixes in. It makes a really good flavor.

No comments:

Honey Wheat French Bread

This is another tweak to Michelle's French Bread Recipe. My first tweak is  here. I don't actually use agave or sugar anymor...