Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Real Chicago Pizza


What can I say...this was the best pizza I have ever had!!! While in Chicago, my friends and I ordered deep dish Chicago pizza from Giordano's. Oh my goodness, I loved it. When I first saw it I thought maybe I wouldn't like it. I mean, it has all the sauce on top of it. How do you eat this beast? But the flavor of the crust was unbelievable. The toppings tasted great and there was the perfect amount of them on there. Then the cheese layer was thick and gooey and delicious and then the sauce on top was actually really tasty. I wish I could get their recipe. So now I'm on the hunt to finding a recipe of how to make this kind of pizza. I'll keep you posted on my findings. :)


****Guess what?! I found their website and they ship via UPS! Hee, hee. I'm going to have to try this sometime. It's obviously going to get a little expensive, but some day I'll have to try it. :) I wonder if it'll be as good. They partially bake it and shrinkwrap it. Then pack it in dry ice and ship it the next morning. It arrives frozen and is supposed to be good for up to 3 weeks. You stick it in the fridge the night before to thaw it. I did find a recipe someone posted that supposed to be like theirs, but after reading it, I decided I would be terrible at attempting this recipe.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I want some of that....I hope you find some recipes.

Patti Dilworth said...

Amy,
I think I found you a recipe for the chicago style pizza. I went to Google and typed in chicago style pizza recipe. There was a link that was labled DKM's and I think that it was www.pizza.com. Anyway, it was a video on YOUTUBE that this guy showed how to make the pizza. I am going to give it a try. It looked really good.

Honey Wheat French Bread

This is another tweak to Michelle's French Bread Recipe. My first tweak is  here. I don't actually use agave or sugar anymor...