Thursday, July 16, 2009

Amy's Perfect Blend of Italian Seasoning

My husband Kevin is very sensitive to spices. This makes cooking with flavor a bit of a challenge at times. So I went on the hunt for a perfect blend of Italian Seasoning. For my family this is the perfect combination of ingredients.

Italian Seasoning

3 Tbs. dried basil
3 Tbs. dried oregano
3 Tbs. dried parsley
1 Tbs. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. dried thyme
1/2-1 tsp. dried rosemary
1/4 tsp. black pepper

Store in a airtight container and use as needed. Note: If you need a little more kick consider adding red pepper flakes.

Looking for additional Herb substitutions? Click here.

No comments:

Honey Wheat French Bread

This is another tweak to Michelle's French Bread Recipe. My first tweak is  here. I don't actually use agave or sugar anymor...