Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Secret Is In The Sauce

One of the best parts of summer are all of the fresh garden vegetables. I'm a big fan of squash. My husband and son however, not so much. In fact Kevin REFUSES to even try it no matter how I fix them. So I came up with a new strategy to sneak in veggies. Don't worry he never checks this blog. {giggle}

What to do:
Wash, slice and steam your favorite veggies. Then take your steamed veggies of choice and throw into the blender and puree. Once it's a nice smooth texture I poor into ice cube trays, cover with tin foil, and freeze. Once they are frozen put the cubes into an easy access Ziploc bag. Anytime I'm making a sauce I simply drop in a few cubes of the frozen puree. It adds a great flavor to your dishes and your picky eaters won't even notice. Your pureed cubes can also be used as baby food. Good luck. Let me know how this works for you.

1 comment:

Anna said...

sneaky sneaky. I may have to try that:)

Honey Wheat French Bread

This is another tweak to Michelle's French Bread Recipe. My first tweak is  here. I don't actually use agave or sugar anymor...