Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sarah's Enchilada Casserole


15-20 corn tortillas
5-6 shredded chicken breasts or 3-4 cans of chicken, I use Costco brand when I don't have time to cook the chicken
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
1 cup Sour Cream
14 oz Bottle of Ortega Mild Salsa
Shredded Cheese

Toppings:
Chopped Tomatoes, Sour Cream, Shredded Lettuce, Chopped Green Onions, Quacamole, Olives, etc.

Combine salsa, sour cream and soup.
Layer like a lasagna in 9x13
spray bottom of dish
1st layer 5-8 tortillas torn into bite size pieces, covering bottom
2nd layer 1/2 of chicken
3rd layer shredded cheese
repeat
Bake at 350 degreese, 45 minutes -1 hour
Serve with toppings


Note: This recipe originally only called for 10 corn tortillas and 4 chicken breast. I increased these items to accomodate more people. I found that the same amount of sauce still worked. I don't like my casseroles too soupy. Play around with this recipe and make it your own. You may want to increase the amount of sauce.

No comments: