Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pizza Dough

Photo above is the unbaked pizza.
Photo below is the baked pizza.

1/4 cup warm water
1 cup hot milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg (I beat the egg a little)
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 cups flour
1 Tbsp yeast

I like to use my bread machine for this dough. Put water, milk, oil and egg in first. Then add sugar, salt and flour. Last add the yeast. Turn your bread machine on dough setting and let it do all the work. Once it's done you can roll out the dough and start making your pizza. I don't let it rest at all and it is just fine. You can get 2 large pizzas with this or make personal pizzas and let everyone make their own, that's our favorite to do (I'm not sure how many personal size you can get out of this dough, guess it depends on the size you make). Bake 350 degrees for 12-18 mins, depends on how thick/thin your dough is rolled.

We also like to make calzones with this dough. You just roll out the dough like you would for a small pizza and then put toppings on it and fold in half. Baking time is a little longer, about 15-20 mins or until golden brown.

I've also used the dough for scones and they were great too. Have fun with it and share any other ideas you have for this recipe. :)

No comments:

Honey Wheat French Bread

This is another tweak to Michelle's French Bread Recipe. My first tweak is  here. I don't actually use agave or sugar anymor...