Monday, June 1, 2009

El Pollo Loco Chicken (Copycat Recipe)

Many of you Californians may have had the privilege of eating at El Pollo Loco. There chicken is straight grubbin'! Food wise it is an absolute food favorite. Just thinking about it makes me want to move back to California. ha ha

3/4 cup Heinz Chili Sauce
1 lemon, juice of
1 large orange, juice of
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Tabasco sauce
4 Boneless chicken breasts (When grilling I prefer to use Thighs so the meat doesn't turn out too dry.)

1. For marinade, mix all ingredients, except chicken together.
2. Add chicken and marinate for 4-34 hours.
3. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
4. Cook chicken on hot grill for about 10 minutes each side.
5. Serve with Tortillas and Salsa.

Note: The last few times I have made this I just eyeballed the measurements and added more or less of different ingredients depending on my mood. Try this at home and make it your own. I know you will love it. Also, I like to add my coleslaw as a side dish to give it that real El Pollo Loco authentic taste. (My husband thinks I'm nuts adding the coleslaw, but if you're a diehard fan I suggest you try it too.)

No comments: