Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sorrento Fudgy Peanut Butter Pie


Have you ever bought the wrong size container of Ricotta cheese? Well I sure did. About a year ago I made spinach lasagna and ended up with little less than half a container left of Ricotta. It wasn't enough to make another batch and throw it in the freezer. What to do...What to do? I noticed the recipe on the side of the Sorrento container only called for 3/4 cup cheese so I decided to give it a try. It was so rich and creamy in texture. Kevin loved it.


Sorrento Fudgy Peanut Butter Pie

1 prepared 8" cracker crust
6 oz. milk chocolate chips, melted

Filling:
3 Tbsp. butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
3/4 cup Sorrento Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
1 cup heavy whipping cream whipped with 1 Tbsp. sugar and 1/2 tsp. vanilla

With spatula, smooth 2/3 of chocolate over bottom of crust and up the sides about 1/2". Save rest for top. Put crust in freezer.

Mix butter, peanut butter and sugar for 2 minutes until smooth. Add ricotta and mix for 1 minute. In separate bowl, whip cream with sugar and vanilla until it holds a soft peak. Gently fold cream into peanut butter mixture. Spoon filling into prepared shell and refrigerate for 1/2 hours. With fork drizzle reaming chocolate over top and serve. Serves 6 to 8

I definitely need to work on my drizzling skills, but it was still good.

3 comments:

michele said...

This pie recipe sounds great! I love peanut butter & chocolate. Can you post the recipe for the spinach lasagna? That one sounds great too!

Melissa said...

MMMMM!!! I can't wait to try this one out.

leelee73 said...

I tried this recipe when I had the cheese left over from making lasagna and it was delicious. My coworkers especially loved it and often request me to make it.

Honey Wheat French Bread

This is another tweak to Michelle's French Bread Recipe. My first tweak is  here. I don't actually use agave or sugar anymor...