Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hummus


Through trial and error I have come up with the perfect recipe for Hummus. I am so excited to share this with you. I love hummus, but I don't love the price at the grocery store. It is a great snack and can be served with your favorite crunchy (chips, veggies, etc.)

HUMMUS

1 Can Garbonzo Beans (strain beans, save liquid)
1/4 cup bean liquid (from the can)
1/4 cup minus 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice (fresh is best) if you like a strong lemon flavor use the whole 1/4 cup
2 small or 1 large fresh garlic clove (if you don't like a strong garlic flavor use 1 small clove)
1 tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. tahini paste (find in asian/ethnic or fresh nut food section)
1 Tbsp. dried chopped parsley
2 Tbsp. olive oil

Throw it all in your blender or food processor. Can be served immediately, but I like mine chilled.

My favorite way to eat hummus is with baked tortilla chips. Lightly butter tortillas, cut in wedges, place on cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.

Flavor Variation: fresh basil and sun dried tomatoes to taste.

No comments:

Honey Wheat French Bread

This is another tweak to Michelle's French Bread Recipe. My first tweak is  here. I don't actually use agave or sugar anymor...