| POINTS® Value: 6 |
Preparation Time: 25 min
Cooking Time: 12 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
|This recipe is designed for outdoor grilling, but to make it indoors, simply use a grill pan, or steam the asparagus and sauté the peppers in a skillet coated with cooking spray.|
- 10 oz uncooked bow ties
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 1 medium yellow pepper(s), cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 4 tsp blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomato(es), halved
- 1 Tbsp parsley, or basil or chives, chopped (optional)
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain and toss with olive oil.
- Preheat grill. Lightly coat asparagus and pepper with cooking spray. Grill over medium-hot coals until tender, about 5 to 8 minutes depending on size. Flip peppers once during cooking. Turn asparagus occasionally so it cooks evenly on all sides. Remove vegetables from grill and let cool; cut into bite-size pieces.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, garlic and cheese in a small bowl. Toss together with pasta, grilled vegetables, tomatoes and herbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let cool to room temperature before serving.